Events and Training Co-ordinator (Maternity Cover)
Maternity Cover – 8 months (April – December 2017)
Department: Commercial Team
Reporting to: Head of Events, Training and Digital
Job Description Overview
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce is a membership organisation of over 1200 businesses that provides business support services, networking opportunities, training and international trade support. We campaign for our members through policy and research services at a city and national level.
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce hosts over 80 events/year ranging from regular business briefings, influencer dinners, training workshops, networking events, annual business conferences and The Glasgow Business Awards.
This demanding role will see the successful candidate assist in the organisation, delivery and viability of the Chamber’s programme of events and training during the duration of the post. The post holder will administer and coordinate Chamber events/training and provide support to the Head of Events in all aspects of event management and delivery.
- Sell chamber events/training products
- Provide full administrative cover, including managing bookings, guest lists and speaker briefings, for all Chamber events and training.
- Maintain, update and record data to the Chamber database
- Keep financial records updated
- Assist in the development and delivery of the events calendar in line with the annual business plan and forecasted budgets
- Assist with the co-ordination and execution of events
- Provide practical support in physically setting up for events
- Assist with the writing and updating of all communications regarding events and training, including web pages, email marketing and articles for the Glasgow Business magazine
- To identify new and current training needs of the Chamber membership and the wider business community.
- To organise and arrange customised courses for member companies as appropriate.
- Maintain a close relationship with training partners and training providers.
- Attend and make an active contribution to regular one-to-one and team meetings.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Any other duties as requested by the Head of Events, Training and Digital.
Performance measures and criteria for the role will be set and will be reviewed with thesuccessfulcandidate using the Chamber’s appraisal structure. There will be a requirement to maintainandcomply with procedures at all times.
E= Essential, D=Desirable
- Experience of events delivery and administration (E)
- Experience of CRM / databases (E)
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint (E)
Skills and abilities
- Highly organized and ability to project manage multiple events at any given time (E)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (E)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure (E)
- Ability to write creative, vibrant copy fluently (E)
- Ability to generate new ideas and think creatively (E)
- Able to deal with stressful situations calmly and effectively (E)
- Able to work effectively in a team (E)
- Project Management Skills (D)
- An interest and enthusiasm in business and membership organisations
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities
- A willingness to work occasional evenings and early mornings
This is a full time post working 37.5 hours a week 9.00 am - 5.30 pm
Please note however that it is in the nature of the role that hours may vary with the needs of the business.
This position may be considered for part time working or secondment.
To submit an application for this role, email Alan Busby at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV by Friday 24 February 2017.
( FileType: pdf | Size : 158 KB )
Click to download Job Description