Invest Glasgow, Glasgow City Council’s inward investment team is dedicated to encouraging and assisting investment and promoting the city as one of the most business-friendly locations in the UK and Europe.
In attracting and retaining investors to the city, the investment team promises first-rate service that includes:
- A single, first point of contact to eliminate duplication and confusion
- A rapid response to all enquiries
- Comprehensive business support and guidance on recruitment, premises and market intelligence
- Fast-track planning support
- Professional, bespoke property searches
- Assistance to access training grants, loans and funding including Regional Selective Assistance
- Access to Commonwealth Initiatives subsidies for graduates and apprentices
- Dedicated aftercare
This professional, collaborative approach addresses the needs of investors and businesses alike and facilitates access to a wide range of partners across the city: Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Development International, Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, property agents and other Council services such as Planning and Business Services.
In 2012/2013 this helped the city attract nearly 1,000 new jobs across financial and business services, life science, engineering, design and manufacturing, and low carbon industries.
Companies that recently chose to expand or locate in Glasgow are Webhelp TSC (HERO TSC), Albion Automative, KPMG, Ashurst and the prestigious Fraunhofer Gesellshaft. They secured over £9 million in support and brought over 350 new jobs to the city and safeguarded another 800.
For more information on Invest Glasgow, visit: www.investglasgow.com