Alternative Journalism vs. 'Alternative Facts'
Date: Thursday 30 March 2017
Venue: The Lighthouse, Glasgow
As the global war against truth rages, how can alternative forms of journalism can lead the fight for facts? Join our panel for what is sure to be a lively discussion focusing on alternative media models; journalism for social change; fake news; fact checking; social media; political propaganda; opposition to facts and experts; and the role of journalists to hold power to account. Chaired by international award-winning investigative journalist and academic Dr Eamonn O’Neill, the panellists are:
- Stuart Cosgrove - journalist and broadcaster
- Peter Geoghegan – journalism lecturer and Director of The Ferret
- Angela Haggerty - Editor of CommonSpace
- Tim Harris - Founder and Director of Real Change (Seattle's street paper)
- Susan Smith – Editor of Third Force News
Tickets are available here.