Glasgow Employer Board
Glasgow Employer Board (GEB) is our employment and skills group. In 2013 we expanded the membership of the group from 12 to over 40 member organisations. The unique feature of this group is that it is exclusive to employers, only involving public partners and stakeholders when and where relevant.
The main objectives of the group are to:-
- institute the creation of relevant task forces to consider relevant areas of work relating to employment and skills
- to decide upon and make employer-led responses to local and national consultations on employment and skills
- inspire business and public sector leaders to help actions in and for the benefit of the city
GEB has representation from over 40 organisations. Each member is:-
- part of the senior management within their organisations
- responsible for, or has an understanding of, employment and skills within their organisation and, where appropriate, their wider sector
- Members provide their services on a voluntary basis and are un-paid
In the last 2-3 years we have invested significant time and resource into creating and sustaining a group which has meaningful impact on the employment and skills agenda. Currently working to support the GEB we have two full-time members of staff. Our Employment and Skills Manager works with the Board to identify policy areas to concentrate on, supports the function of the group and any relevant working groups and creates the programme of work which is developed by the group. The Workforce Solutions role supports the Employment and Skills Manager and works to deliver direct services to the wider employer base.
The membership of Glasgow Employer Board includes: Glasgow Marriott, Scottish Power, Scottish Water, Kite IT, LPL Technologies, Two Fat Ladies and Glasgow Science Centre.
For more information on the Board please contact Leona.email@example.com