Green Light Programme
Green credentials help win new business and reduce your business costs.
Funding is available for approximately £2000 of consultancy support to guide your business to an environmental management plan, find out where savings can be made in your energy and water usage, and waste, increase your tendering score, and enhance your green credentials.
In partnership with Scottish Enterprise and Resource Efficient Scotland, the 2017 Green Light Programme is now open for applications for Glasgow Chamber of Commerce members.
The Green LightProgramme uses expert help, consultancy and training to guide your business through the steps and opportunities in developing an Environmental Management System (EMS) – a system which will improve your Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) and Tender scores, reduce your overhead costs and boost your green credibility.
Why your business should engage with the Green Light Programme
- Reduced overheads and cost-savings.
- Low-cost way of aligning with an EMS standard, through BS 8555.
- Energy, water, materials and waste minimisation expert help.
- Improved PQQ and Invitation to Tender scores on environmental policy.
- Challenge your competitors with tender differentiation and credibility.
- Access to new clients.
- Group sessions to share ideas and challenges with other businesses.
- Enhance your Corporate Social Responsibility and PR opportunities.
Results from the first Green Light Programme
Last year, the Green Light Programme identified £100,000 in potential annual savings for Glasgow Chamber of Commerce businesses. This could result in a reduction of over 450 tonnes of carbon each year.
“Participation in the Green Light Programme has helped us to develop cost-effective resource management processes and procedures, meet our legal and regulatory obligations and satisfy customer and stakeholder requirements.”
Joe McAulay, Group Operations Director, Argon Engineering Ltd, Gillrick Metalwork Ltd and Zeus Engineering Ltd
Baseline: Stage one is a self-assessment questionnaire, initial meeting and discussion on your company’s baseline. Assistance provided through Resource Efficient Scotland. Find out how efficient you are and where your company could make savings.
Workshops: Stage two is 3 x half-day group EMS development workshops, funded by Scottish Enterprise getting you to Level 3 of BS 8555.
Your company will:
- Develop a bespoke Green Plan for your business; and
- Lay the foundations for your company to progress to official BS 8555 certification, taking you half way to ISO 14001, the international environmental management system standard.
- Workshop One: 12th January 2017
- Workshop Two: 16th February 2017
- Workshop Three: 16th March 2017
How to register:
To apply for the next Green Light Programme, please register contact Cheryl McCulloch, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0141 204 8339.
Does your business already have ISO 14001? The upcoming update to ISO 1400:2015 requires increased engagement with stakeholders including supply chain. Get ahead, and consider your supply chain about Green Light Programme, and attend our Free Event on the transition, and importance of ISO 14001 on the 24th of November.