IEMA Certified Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management Course
From: Monday 8 February 2016 09:00 To: Wednesday 10 February 2016 17:00
This 3-day course is delivered through trainer presentations and practical case studies enabling attendees to undertake an examination leading to the IEMA Certified Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management. Designed to raise the professional competence of those who have only recently become involved in environmental management or for whom environmental management is an integral part of a wide range of responsibilities.
Who should attend?
The course would benefit anyone who has environmental responsibilities in the workplace. This is likely to include health and safety professionals, general managers, facilities managers, members of environment teams, and anyone requiring a fundamental understanding of environmental issues.
On completion of this course, delegates will have:
- An appreciation of environmental issues.
- An understanding of the ways in which an organisation impacts on the environment.
- An appreciation of how environmental issues can be incorporated into the management of an organisation.
- An understanding of environmental legislation.
- An awareness of the means of assessing an organisation’s environmental performance.
- An understanding of the ways in which an Environmental Management System operates.
- Sustainable business thinking and environmental impacts.
- Major environmental concerns such as global warming, water pollution and land contamination.
- Environmental law and the role of the regulators.
- Tools for assessment and interpretation of environmental performance, including environmental impact assessment, life cycle analysis and environmental auditing.
- An introduction to the environmental management systems ISO 14001:2015 and EMAS.
The course is assessed by multiple-choice exam (closed book).