IEMA Certified Internal EMS Auditor Course
From: Monday 18 January 2016 09:00 To: Wednesday 20 January 2016 17:00
An integral part of operating an Environmental Management System (EMS) is checking the system that has been implemented into an organisation is operating as planned. This requirement is met through the internal audit process which provides a systematic approach to ensuring the system meets requirements and achieves continual improvement.
Who should attend?
This IEMA certified 3-day course is designed to provide individuals who have been allocated the responsibility to audit an organisation’s EMS the skills and knowledge to do so.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Show knowledge and understanding of an EMS.
- Understand the requirements of EMS auditing.
- Apply the principles of auditing and have an understanding of the internal audit process.
- Understand environmental legislation and regulations.
- Relate to environmental aspects and impacts.
- Show knowledge of the remaining elements of an EMS.
- Find future information and advice.
The course is split into the following sections, introducing delegates to the key concepts of environmental management and auditing.
- Environmental Awareness/Aspects and Impacts
- Introduction to EMS
- EMS Auditing
- The Principles of Auditing
- The Internal Audit Process
- Environmental Legislation
- Further Information and Advice
There is a final written assessment based on the contents of the course syllabus.