IOSH Safety for Senior Executives
From: Monday 1 February 2016 09:00 To: Monday 1 February 2016 17:00
Senior Executives and Managers have significant responsibilities under present health and safety legislation. The introduction of EC directives further reinforce these responsibilities.
Individuals who neglect their responsibility for the health and safety of others may be open to criminal prosecution in the event of a serious accident or incident occurring in the workplace. All levels of management should be fully aware of how this can affect them.
This 1-day course provides Senior Executives with a clear insight into the key aspects of health and safety in the workplace and a full appreciation of current health and safety legislation. Thus presenting them with the means to promote a safer working environment in their organisation.
Who should attend?
Senior Executives and Managers from any organisation, who wish to raise their awareness of health and safety legislation to enable them to promote a safer working environment in the workplace.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the health and safety role and responsibilities of Senior Executives.
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives in order to minimise the overall risks.
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision-making and effective supply chain management.
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively.
- Understand the principles of occupational safety and health management system, continual improvement and annual reporting.
- Overview and Introduction to the programme
- The Safety Culture and Human Factor
- Safety Roles and Responsibilities
- Corporate Governance, Risk Management and Loss Control
- Safety Management Systems
Method of Assessment, Moderation and Certification
The learning outcomes will be assessed by delegates undertaking a multiple-choice test paper.