Business Planning & Strategy Development
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, 30 George Square, G2 1EQ
From: Wednesday 10 May 2017 09:30 To: Wednesday 10 May 2017 16:00
The future success of your organisation is dependent on your ability to turn a great idea into a strategy and a plan which can be delivered on a day-to-day basis.
This workshop will blend theory and models with real life management experience and case studies along with group discussions and practical worked examples. The prime focus is on understanding how you, your team and your business can better exploit the opportunities that exist in your marketplace. It is an interactive workshop blending facilitator input with delegate contribution to drive open dialogue and learning.
This course is for you if:
- You are an owner/ manager and want to improve your business performance through more effective strategy development & delivery,
- You want to develop a common purpose and focus for your team/workforce.
- You want to better exploit the opportunities that exist within your market place.
- You want to learn how to develop your strategic thinking and turn it into day-to-day delivery.
- You want to have a more effective, engaged and empowered team all focused on the strategy.
- Understand the key elements of strategy development.
- Develop the skills to turn a great idea into an effective strategy.
- How to realise the business potential of your strategy.
- How to maximise workforce engagement and buy-in to the strategy.
- Understand the barriers and pitfalls to strategy implementation.
- How to integrate the strategy into day-to-day life.
- Identify the governance required to delivery your ongoing strategic plan.
You will have a greater appreciation of the role of strategy in your business, gain the tools to develop strategic thinking and how this must drive your day-to-day thinking and work practices to deliver a real time competitive advantage.
Presenter, Mark Douglas - Blue Ptarmigan
Mark is an experienced business leader with a proven track record in delivering significant business improvements and results. His business, Blue Ptarmigan, partners companies to ‘unlock their potential and unleash growth’. Mark has a breadth of experience working with business owners and managers, which has been gained from an extensive and wide-ranging career. As well has running his own company, Mark has led various functions including HR, Learning & Development, Supply Chain & Operations and Property Development for a major multinational company. His career experience allows him to make sense of the organisational jigsaw, which in turn enables him to understand the different operating contexts and paradigms that attendees bring along to the workshops. He has extensive experience in the design and delivery of leadership and management training programmes for both small businesses and large corporations.
In addition, he is an associate lecturer with Dundee Business School and a business mentor and coach with the Princes Trust (Youth Business Scotland).