Creating a Social Media Strategy for Growth
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, 30 George Square, G2 1EQ
From: Thursday 8 June 2017 09:30 To: Thursday 8 June 2017 16:00
This full day workshop is a hands-on session: you will leave with a communications strategy, a social media action planner and a crisis management plan.
Social media is a key part of a business’ communications strategy but it’s not the be all and end all. It needs to dovetail into other elements of communications and customer service, such as newsletters, your website, events and customer surveys. In this workshop we’ll craft an overall communications strategy, choose the social media channels that fit with your business and audience, start to create the content to be shared across those channels and look at what happens when social media goes wrong.
We will focus on:
- Communications strategy to build your brand and increase your sales
- Social media – which channels are most relevant to your business?
- Audience and message – who you should be speaking to and what you should be saying
- Content generation – what makes great content and where to find it?
- Action planner – a detailed day to day, week to week calendar of content and activities
- Crisis management – Identifying potential risks and understanding the implications for your business, the immediate actions to take and the tools to manage the crisis
Presenter - Michelle Rodger, Tartan Cat Communications
Michelle is the founder and ‘Top Cat’ at Tartan Cat Communications – a new voice in social media and communications. A former national newspaper journalist, Michelle understands what businesses need to do to get their message across and has harnessed the social media agenda to drive new ways of communicating.
At Tartan Cat, Michelle develops and delivers social media and communication strategies and campaigns for a variety of companies from the corporate and financial sector through to new business start-ups.