Focus On ... ... Accountancy Skills for the Non - Accountant
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, 30 George Square, G2 1EQ
From: Friday 17 February 2017 09:30 To: Friday 17 February 2017 13:00
Many of us flinch when we hear terms like depreciation, cash flow, balance sheet, and (worst of all!) budgets. However, these are all important concepts to understand if you’re going to succeed in today’s business world, even if you have no background in accountancy. Even better, financial terms are not as scary as they seem! This workshop will equip non-accountants with a sound knowledge of accounting documentation produced and provide the means to understand and interpret what this documentation contains.
The workshop covers
- A description and explanation of key financial terms
- Discussion about various types of financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Identification and examination of important financial data and make financial decisions
- Develop an understanding of financial data
- Be able to use accounting ratios to understand the business’s financial position
- Develop an important business skill
- Improved personal performance
- Confidently work with accountancy documentation
- Improved decisions based on improved financial understanding
With over 20 years in a business, education and training environment Karen has developed a keen understanding of the key skills required to enhance both business and personal performance and the best methods of delivering training that promote learner understanding and engagement. Karen has worked extensively with the SQA writing materials for exams and consulted on course design.
In addition to training, Karen consults within a number of SMEs throughout Scotland with a view to streamlining their business process, promoting enhanced performance and productivity. In addition, she works closely with franchisors and franchisees to enable them to fulfil their training commitments effectively and professionally.
Karen’s clear communication methods and ability to engage with business owners allows business to expand their business knowledge and develop key skills to develop business growth.
Karen’s training company (KA Training Ltd) provides training opportunities using multiple platforms. Open courses, workshops, bespoke programmes and one-to-one training are all delivered with a clear client focus and a quality approach.