Focus On... Google Analytics
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce
From: Thursday 9 March 2017 09:30 To: Thursday 9 March 2017 12:30
Google Analytics is a free tool that allows you to see what happens when people come to your website. It reveals how they got there in the first place, what interested them, what bored them and whether they converted into a sale or lead. Marketers always say being online is better than offline because it is measurable. Google Analytics is the tool to do the measuring and if you're doing anything online, you should be using Analytics to find out if it's working or not.
Relevant for owners, managers, marketers, copy writers and decision makers, this session will provide an introduction to what Google Analytics can do for your business, covering set up, how Analytics tracking works, the major reports it provides, and examples of how other companies have used it effectively. The session is not technical so is suitable for anyone who wants to know more about how their website and online marketing is performing.
Key Benefits for attendees:
- Knowledge of what it is possible to track through Google Analytics
- The ability to make decisions based on how a website is performing
- The confidence to use Google Analytics even if you're not technical
- An understanding of which parts of a website need improvement
- Information on how existing marketing is performing, eg is the company Facebook page working better or worse than the email newsletter
- Learn how to upgrade to the new Universal Analytics from Google
- Ideas for improving marketing decisions in the future
Lucy worked at Google for 7 years before setting up her own training and consultancy firm. At Google she started on the AdWords team, delivering customer service and training to some of the largest Google advertisers. She then went on to lead and manage AdWords and Analytics teams supporting advertising agencies in the UK, Irish and Italian markets. After 6 years in AdWords she moved to YouTube to head up the online ads team for Europe, Middle East and Africa. She was closely involved in the AdWords, Analytics and YouTube product development, and even at Google was known for being a bit of a nerd, though she prides herself on making technical things easy to understand for everyone. Bread & Butter Marketing provides training and consultancy in digital marketing to a wide range of clients both in Scotland and further afield.
Forthcoming courses you may be interested in attending: