Green Light Programme - 16 March 2017
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, 30 George Square, Glasgow G2 1EQ
From: Thursday 16 March 2017 09:30 To: Thursday 16 March 2017 12:30
If you are you looking to save your business money, win new business and reduce your carbon footprint, this programme is for you.
Working in partnership with Mabbett and Scottish Enterprise, Glasgow Chamber of Commerce’s Green Business Network is delighted to offer members the opportunity to participate on our Green Light Programme.
The Green LightProgramme uses expert help, consultancy and training to guide your business through the steps and opportunities in developing an Environmental Management System (EMS) – a system which will improve your Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) and Tender scores, reduce your overhead costs and boost your green credibility.
Our first Green Light Programme identified £100,000 in potential annual savings for the 11 members who participated,with a reduction of over 450 tonnes of carbon per annum - could your business be next?
Funding to the value of up to £1,500 is available to support your company through the programme.
Why your business should engage with the Green Light Programme:
- Reduced overheads and cost-savings
- Low-cost way of aligning with an EMS standard, through BS 8555.
- Level 3 of BS 8555 takes your company towards ISO 14001.
- Supply chain engagement.
- Energy, water, materials and waste minimisation expert help
- Improved PQQ and Invitation to Tender scores on environmental policy
- Challenge your competitors with tender differentiation and credibility
- Access to new clients
- Group sessions to share ideas and challenges with other businesses
- Enhance your CSR and PR opportunities
3 x half-day group EMS development workshops, funded by Scottish Enterprise guiding your company to Level 3 of BS 8555. Your company will:
- Develop a bespoke Green Plan for your business; and
- Lay the foundations for your company to progress to official BS 8555 certification, taking you towards ISO 14001, the international environmental management system standard.
Resource Efficiency Support:
Self-assessment questionnaire and assistance provided through Resource Efficient Scotland for qualifying small medium sized enterprises (SME – up to 250 employees) – find out how efficient you are and where your company could make savings.
There is potential for additional free one-to-one assistance.
Thursday 16th March 2017 – 9.30am to 12.30pm