How To ... ... Sell Successfully When You Are Not A Natural Salesperson ... Or Finding The Climate Tough
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, 30 George Square, Glasgow, G2 1EQ
From: Tuesday 5 January 2016 08:00 To: Tuesday 5 January 2016 10:00
Many business owners or professionals find them accidentally in the selling role - one they are rarely trained for and are usually uncomfortable doing. Typically they have no process and often try to demonstrate expertise by talking too much, often giving away the value information on the way.
Often they experience some of the following:-
- Prospects delaying projects, because the business case could not be justified.
- Prospects buying on price and forcing margins down.
- Prospects saying, "Call me in six months".
- Prospects using your proposal to get a better price.
- Pipelines drying up because nobody is making cold calls.
- Deals start slipping every month.
- Losing to cheaper, inferior competitors
By attending this workshop delegates will learn how to:-
- Win more business more easily and smile along the way!
- Change your approach to one that you are comfortable with
- Stop selling completely but help your prospects discover that they need you
- Leave behind the out-dated pressure selling and tricksy closing techniques
- Shorten your sales cycles
- Focus on people who will or can buy from you
Alan Mackie has been a sales professional for over 20 years, covering Sales, Sales Management, Business Development and Coaching. While browsing the business section in Waterstones, he discovered a book that changed his whole world. Written by David Sandler, a failed salesman, who through dogged determination, experimentation and recent psychological research, rewrote the book on sales. Gone are the overly enthusiastic, smart suit and shiny shoe brigade. Gone are the endless battles of objection handling that leave both salesman and customer alike exhausted? Gone are the think-it-over objections that can never be overcome.
Sandler is a Sales Development and Training Company with over 30 years delivering leading edge, psychological- based training and coaching, largely in the US but now in the UK. At last, the salesperson and the prospect can have a pressure-free adult conversation about what is best for both AND both can win.