GTG Glasgow, South Street, Glasgow, United Kingdom
From: Wednesday 18 January 2017 09:30 To: Thursday 19 January 2017 16:30
This two-day workshop is designed to help you improve your interactions with other people in your workplace or at home. It gives participants the opportunity to improve the critical communication skills of listening, asking questions and being aware of non-verbal messages. The workshop can also help participants who are struggling to find that middle ground between being too aggressive and too passive, and how to counter the manipulative tactics of difficult people. Participants will learn more about the elements of our communication with others that help us reveal appropriate information about ourselves, as well as how to better manage ourselves to reflect a professional image.
- Identifying common communication problems that may be holding you back
- Developing skills in asking questions that give you the information you need
- Learning what your non-verbal messages are telling others
- Developing skills in listening actively and empathetically to others
- Learning how to firmly stand your ground and make your feelings heard
- Enhancing your ability to handle difficult situations without being manipulated
- Being aware of the five types of relationships
What you will cover
- The ten commandments of positive relationships
- Feeling competent
- Communication barriers
- Asking good questions
- Listening skills
- Johari windows
- Improving your self image
- Five approaches to relationships
- Your frame of reference
- The assertive formula
- Saying no
No previous experience is required.
This is a two-day instructor-led course.