The ABCs of Supervising Others
GTG Training, 1330 South Street Glasgow G14 0BJ
From: Monday 16 January 2017 09:30 To: Tuesday 17 January 2017 16:30
Training Course Outline
Dealing with the many problems a new supervisor encounters isn't easy, but it doesn't have to lead to discouragement. This two-day workshop is designed to help you overcome many of the supervisory problems you will encounter in your first few weeks as a boss, whether you are a team leader, a project manager or a unit coordinator.
No previous experience is required.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of the new job.
- Adjust to the new role with confidence and an assurance you can handle the position.
- Develop your skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict and giving feedback to employees.
- Develop a technique for making sure you give employees instructions that are clear and understood.
- Identify some techniques to deal with employee challenges, such as hostility, complaints and laziness.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
What You Will Cover
- Pre-assignment review
- Making the transition
- Responsibilities of a supervisor
- Setting goals
- Planning for success
- Listening skills
- Asking questions
- Giving feedback
- Ask for what you want
- Giving instructions
- Orders, requests and suggestions
- Managing conflict
- Dealing with difficult employees
- Dealing with others
- The reciprocal quality of relationships
This is a 2 day instructor led course.