The Glasgow City Region City Deal
Eight neighbouring local authorities across Glasgow and the Clyde Valley have secured the second largest City Deal in the UK.
The £1.13 billion Glasgow City Region City Deal will fund major infrastructure projects; create thousands of new jobs and assist thousands of unemployed people back to work; improve public transport and connectivity; drive business innovation and growth and generate billions of pounds of private sector investment.
Over its lifetime the City Deal will:
- Support an overall increase in the economy of around 29,000 jobs.
- Work with 19,000 unemployed residents and support over 5,500 back into sustained work.
- Secure £1 billion of Scottish and UK Government capital funding.
- Lever in an estimated £3.3 billion of private sector investment.
- Deliver £2.2 billion in additional Gross Value Added (GVA) per annum (a 4% uplift) across the city region.
- Spread the benefits of economic growth across the whole Region, ensuring deprived areas benefit.