How to Win Business at Expo 2020 - Dubai
Date: Tuesday 7 August 2018
Time: 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm
Venue: Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, 30 George Square, Glasgow G2 1EQ
Click here to book
The lead up to major Global Events such as the Expo 2020 in Dubai provides a real chance for Scottish businesses, with the relevant skills and expertise, to successfully apply for contracts overseas.
Expo 2020 Dubai will open up enormous commercial opportunities for Scottish suppliers of all sizes to win contracts in the building, planning and delivery of this significant global event. £6-£10bn will be spent to develop the Dubai Expo 2020 site, infrastructure and to operate the site over the 6 month event period providing opportunities for developers, contractors, consultants and product solutions.
We are working in partnership with Scottish Enterprise to bring you this opportunity to learn how your business can get involved in Expo 2020 Dubai.
What is an expo?
- A world expo is a global event bringing together countries, companies, thought leaders and millions of visitors to exchange ideas, showcase innovation and encourage collaboration and dialogue about the future.
- The Dubai Expo 2020 theme is “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future” and the event will be held over a 6 month period from October 2020 to April 2021 during which 25 million visitors are expected. With 70% of these visitors from outside the UAE, Expo 2020 will be a truly global event.
- Built on a 438 hectare site, projects relating to delivering Expo are expected to be in the region of £6-£10bn
Opportunities for Scottish companies?
- Opportunities will arise for developers, contractors, consultants and product solutions in a vast range of sectors in the build-up, the delivery and legacy of the event, all of which Scotland is well positioned to win and deliver on. IT, Engineering, Construction, Design, Innovation, Logistics, Tourism, Events, Overlay and Fit Out Packages, Security, Recruitment, Exhibits and Public Realm being just some of the sectors.
- Expo 2020 announced 20% of all budget would be spent with SMEs and to support this the Expo 2020 team has set up an online portal for companies to submit procurement tenders. (In 2017 we saw 56% of all contracts won by SMEs) and we expect 700+ new opportunities in 2018)
- A new B2B ‘Expo Online Market Place’ will be launched. This platform will allow businesses to network, advertise their offerings and compete for business.This event can help you understand the opportunities for your company and how you can get involved. It is not to be missed.
- Understand more about the Expo 2020 Opportunity
- Understand the Online Market Place system and see a live demonstration on the functionality and how your company can access the commercial opportunities
Who should attend?
- Scottish companies who are currently exporting overseas (and particularly to the Middle East)
- Export ready companies who are interested in learning how to maximise this growth opportunity
- Sector opportunities will be wide ranging, therefore this event will cover all relevant sectors
To book your place(s) at this event, click here.