International Trade Events
We work with a number of expert partners from across the international trade advice and support sector to deliver a range of events on access to international trade support, opportunities and challenges.
Upcoming International Trade events:
We are delighted to be working in partnership with SE/SDI and The Italian Chamber of Commerce on a five-day multi-sector market visit to Milan and Turin. Registration is now open for support to join our Scottish delegation.
Join an insightful online webinar by clicking here on Monday 3 December, 11am to 12 noon, to uncover fresh opportunities to grow your business in Italy
Italy has one of the largest economies in the European Union (EU). The population of Italy is about 60 million, making it one of the biggest consumer markets in the EU.
The benefits for UK businesses exporting to Italy include:
- European Union (EU) market, so no tariffs
- Similar regulatory framework to UK and modern intellectual property protection practices
- Appreciation for British professional services and technologies and quality consumer goods
- Easy access from the UK with low-cost flights from several regional airports
- Only one hour ahead of UK time
The strengths of the Italian market include:
- Modern infrastructure
- High level of internationalisation and entrepreneurship, with fully integrated supply chains
- Strong manufacturing and innovation capability in several areas
- Gateway to Mediterranean and Middle East markets, where the lifting of Iranian sanctions could increase exports by 3 billion Euros over the next 4 years
- Hosts many trade exhibitions with global appeal
- One of the world’s highest rates of household wealth
- One of the world’s top 5 tourist destinations
Market visit support
We'll support companies attending before, during and after the market visit with the following:
- Connect with experts and professionals on the ground, such as Scottish Development International (SDI) market specialists, business associations, Department for International Trade (DIT), local businesses, accountants, solicitors
- Provide market research to support delegates to set up one to one meetings with potential agents, distributors, clients, buyers, partners while in market
- Export training prior to the visit to make sure all delegates are market ready and understand the culture, finance, route to market options
- Financial funding for 50% flights and accommodation (up to £200) for eligible companies
Companies are responsible for booking own flights and accommodation. However, we'll suggest flights and hotels for you so the delegation can travel as a group and stay in the same location.
The market visit will be multi sector. However, the following key sectors have been identified by SDI field team as offering good opportunities for our companies:
- Textiles (fashion and interiors), food and drink (craft beer, craft whisky and gin, traditional Scottish seafood and salmon, traditional Scottish diary products, organic and natural products, free-from products)
- Technology and Advanced Engineering (space, automation, robotics, advanced engineering and digital manufacturing, machinery, and their supply chains)
There is also an opportunity for textiles companies to visit Milanounica, Milan (5-7 February 2019), the 28th edition of the international trade show for the world of textiles, for high-quality apparel and accessories both for men and women.
*subject to change*
|Sunday 3 February
|Monday 4 February
- Welcome and market briefing session
- One to one company meetings
- SDI and delegation dinner
|Tuesday 5 February
- Meeting with the chambers (BCCI, ICC, GCC)
- Site visit, or one to one company meetings
- Networking reception
|Wednesday 6 February
- Attend Milano Unica (textiles companies)
- Travel to Turin
- Meeting with Turin Chamber of Commerce
- One to one meetings in Turin
- Travel back to Milan
- Roundtable discussion and dinner
|Thursday 7 February
Register your interest
Contact Nicola.Reynolds@scotent.co.uk for more information or to request an application form.
Deadline for applications is Monday 17 December 2018.