Date: 25 June 2018 - 28 June 2018
Duration: 4 days
Admission Fee: There is no charge to attend this market visit, however companies are responsible for booking and paying for their own flights and accommodation.
Eligibility: All Scottish companies new to the German market.
Germany is the largest economy in Europe and the fourth largest export market for Scotland - an ideal first-step market for Scottish SMEs.
Join this multi-sector market visit to Berlin and Munich on 25-28 June 2018 led and supported by Scottish Development International (SDI), the international arm of Scotland’s enterprise agencies, in partnership with Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce, and Glasgow Chamber of Commerce.
What support is on offer?
• Connect with experts and professionals on the ground, like Chambers of Commerce, business associations, Department for International Trade, local businesses, accountants, solicitors
• Delegates are encouraged to set up one-to-one meetings with potential agents, distributors, clients, buyers, partners while in market, however, SDI will help source contacts for you
• We provide export training prior to the visit to make sure all delegates are market ready and understand the culture, finance, route to market options
• Financial funding (up to £200) is available for eligible companies
• Companies are responsible for booking their own flights and accommodation. SDI will suggest flights and hotels so the delegation can travel as a group and stay in the same location.
• Germany has a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of more than €3 trillion. This makes it the largest economy in Europe and the fourth strongest economy in the world
• It is the 4th largest export market for Scotland
• It is a similar market to the UK with similar business risks and requirements
• Germany has a very strong industrial base
• It hosts 65% of the world’s international trade fairs
• English is widely spoken and accepted as a business language
• Easy access to Eastern Europe
• There is a strong appetite for important Scottish sectors such as technology, engineering, life sciences, creative and digital services.
Which sectors will this visit focus on?
• Enabling technology
• Financial services
• Life sciences
• Technology and engineering
The full programme is still to be confirmed and subject to change but you can register now for support to join this market visit. We'll then email you an application form with next steps.
Closing date for registrations is Thursday 31 May 2018.