We're hiring! Glasgow Chamber is recruiting a Business Service Manager
17 Apr 2018
Job Title: Business Service Manager
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Salary: Circa £30k dependent on experience
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce is a membership organisation of over 1200 businesses providing business support services, networking opportunities, training and international support, we campaign for our members through policy and research services at a city and national level.
The Business Service Manager will be responsible for providing a PA service to the CE; and for the delivery of all HR, IT, and Company Secretary governance activity for the Chamber, ensuring that the Chamber is compliant in all areas in accordance with its values.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to form good working relationships, able to negotiate, listen and influence. You should have a relevant qualification or experience of working in a similar environment.
Key responsibilities of position
- To support the success and development of the Chamber as an organisation which adds value to its members by providing a quality support service to the CE, to Board members and Directors and to stakeholders and staff.
- To manage and monitor the business development and contractual day to day operations of the business; ensuring that there are appropriate procedures in place for all services, and that quality standards are adhered to.
- To be pro-active in all areas that will assist the Chief Executive to achieve the goals and objectives of the Chamber.
- To develop and manage the Facilities Manager and Reception.
- Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls for CE and handling them when appropriate
- Pro-active in managing diaries, organising meetings and appointments; of important tasks and deadlines to be met by CE with follow-up of action points; updating of CRM system
- Preparation of reports, presentations and correspondence, managing databases and filing systems, and taking Minutes of meetings
- Develop and maintain relationships with directors, stakeholders, partners, members and staff
- First port of call for enquiries from directors, stakeholders, partners, members and staff
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems as necessary
- Prioritising workloads
- To provide costings for business plan and to manage budgets as agreed with CE
- Ensure appropriate administrative support is provided to Board and Council Directors including diary and email management
- Prepare and distribute Council and Board papers and taking Minutes of meetings
- Organise AGM and election of Directors
- Deal with auditing requirements ensuring final accounts are complete and signed off prior to AGM
- Project manage all Company returns including BCC Benchmarking / Accreditation assessments
- Develop and maintain relationships with directors, stakeholders, partners and members
- Responsibility for recruitment, administration, interviewing and induction
- Updating of payroll and pensions
- Define and manage all organisational procedures ensuring these meet the needs of the Chamber, are fully compliant and assist its effective operation
- Ensure all staff are up to date on all company policies and procedures and all coaching / briefing has taken place as appropriate
- Update staff handbook as appropriate and ensure sign off from all staff
- Provide advice and guidance on the management of employee relations issues such as disciplinary, grievance, absence, restructuring and other key HR areas including performance management, recruitment and attrition
- To provide ad hoc and confidential advice to colleagues and managers
- Ensure all documentation relevant to HR is available and up to date
- Work in conjunction with management teams to promote the culture of the organisation to all employees through: inclusive, diversity and empowerment and the values of accountability, teamwork, integrity and trust
- Manage Investors in Young People; Investors in People and Disability Scotland accreditation
- To work with all IT/Mobile providers ensuring all day to day operations of the company are met
- Review contracts and costings
- First port of call for staff issues
- Organise all new hardware/software ensuring all licensing requirements are in place and within budget
- Organise updating of hardware/software when necessary and updating of IT licenses where appropriate
- Board of Management and Directors
- All staff.
- Members, Partners, Stakeholders
Other relevant job conditions:
- To attend appropriate Chamber events
- To participate in agreed training and personal development
- Although you have been given specific duties and a job title, you may be required to take on other duties within the Chamber as and when the need arises. These will be discussed with you in advance of any work assignments.
- Experience of working with senior management
- Experience of office management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of Microsoft Office
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Strong experience of managing budgets
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to respond to multiple demands
- A qualification in a related subject
Please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 25 April 2018 at 12.00 noon
To view this job description as a PDF Click here