27 Jun 2018
International law firm Ashurst today announces plans to launch a new office in Luxembourg, having now received Luxembourg Bar Association licence approval.
Partner Isabelle Lentz, head of the firm's Luxembourg desk, will act as managing partner of the office, which is set to open in October this year. The firm's Luxembourg desk was set up in 2011 and advises on a broad range of corporate, private equity, funds, restructuring, regulatory, real estate and banking matters.
Commenting, managing partner Paul Jenkins said:
"As a leading investment fund centre in Europe, the second largest globally in terms of assets under management and a hub for international banks and fintech, the opportunities in Luxembourg are significant. Growing our offering and building on the proven track record of our established Luxembourg desk is an exciting prospect and one which will greatly enhance our client service offering."
Isabelle Lentz added:
"Over recent years, Luxembourg has secured it status as a key financial centre and as one of the frontrunners of preferred EU locations for transfer of business related to Brexit, that is only set to increase. I am really looking forward to capitalising on this by developing our presence in Luxembourg and enhancing our capability."
Recent mandates on which the Luxembourg team has advised include:
• Advising Castlelake on a restructuring of a large number of Luxembourg companies prior to the IPO of Aedas Homes
• Advising Samsung on the acquisition, structuring and financing of real estate asset in the UK
• Advising Digital Colony on the acquisition of Digita Oy
• Advising the banks on financing the acquisition of BFC Fahrzeugteile by Triton
• Advising Agilitas on buyout of Danoffice IT
• Advising CapMan Real Estate on €425m fund raising of a private FCP- RAIF private fund
• Setting up an unregulated private debt fund for Aviva Investors and for Shard Capital
• ICG on the acquisition of proALPHA Business solutions
• Advising the banks on EQTs bridge financings