Campaigns and Consultations
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce undertakes policy and campaign activity with the specific focus of achieving positive change for the city and wider city region and delivering value to our members.
We provide access to key policy decision makers at a local and national level. As well as direct engagement, we run a series of group influencer events including:
- Glasgow Talks series where our members meet high level political and business leaders
- Up Close and Personal events for members to discuss key policy issues directly with political stakeholders and influencers
- Quarterly meetings with the Leader of Glasgow City Council
Through our member led expert groups we lead collaborative campaigns to champion businesses priorities and provide informed responses to policy consultations. Our approach is evidence led and last year we launched the Member Panel as an additional platform to gain feedback and insight from Chamber members.
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce facilitates a range of economic development activity including working in partnership with Glasgow City Council and senior business figures in the Glasgow Economic Leadership.
Our policy activity is driven by members. We work to a clear set of priorities identified in our business surveys, detailed below:
- Support and enable International Trade providing export support services and guidance to members
- Continue to champion business engagement through the new City Economic Strategy and support the implementation of City Deal projects
- Private sector engagement in the delivery of Glasgow City Centre Strategy - Getting ahead of change
- Champion the ongoing improvement of Glasgow’s international and national transport connections
- Undertake a Digital Skills Review to truly understand the skills required by the city business community and the issues faced in attracting talent
- Champion the delivery of the Youth Employment Action Group recommendations
- Engage Glasgow's business community in the circular economy agenda and build on the city scan undertaken as part of our relationship with Zero Waste Scotland and city partners
- Ensure Glasgow is well positioned to maximise opportunities from further devolved powers
For more on our policy and issues work or to contribute to the development of our future priorities, please contact our Policy Team on Tel: 0141 204 2121, Email: email@example.com