World Class City
- Works alongside Glasgow City Council and other expert groups including the Sauchiehall BID to implement the City Centre Management Strategy.
- Develops and implements proposals for new bids, investing in the Sauchiehall BID and the business community while providing back office support.
- Is developing links with Chambers from 12 other international cities through the Global Chamber Network including Manhattan Chamber of Commerce and the British Chambers of Commerce for Italy. The mutual partnerships and memorandums of understanding are designed to stimulate trade and support Invest Glasgow.
- Leads on the Digital Business Groups part of the Glasgow Digital Strategy Roadmap to ensure that Glasgow is at the forefront of a positive digital experience in line with the Glasgow Economic Strategy. Projects include; Think Digital Scotland 2016: 'When the shift hits the fan', a one day event which explored ways we can use constantly evolving technologies to gain the competitive edge.
- Think Digital Scotland: Tomorrow’s City Centre, a landmark conference to shape the future of Glasgow's City Centre considering ‘what will the City Centre be like to do business, live and play in by 2020?’ This event explored the technological trends shaping the future of our city centres, with a resultant series of recommendations
- Explores emerging trends of growing importance for business including:
Crowdfunding: Glasgow Chamber of Commerce worked with partners to analyse the growth of crowdfunding in Scotland by businesses. With the potential to make a significant impact on the Scottish Economy, the Scottish Crowdfunding Report 2016 is available to read here.
If you could like to discuss an existing or potential project, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0141 204 8339.